- The incredible Solar Impulse aeroplane was recently launched and is the first to run entirely on solar energy. The plane works during the day or night and stores enough power to remain unaffected by bad weather.
- Installing solar panels can increase the value of your home because it offers potential purchasers the opportunity to get free energy.
- Although it's becoming more popular, solar energy is still only used a fraction of the amount that we burn fossil fuels.
- Not well known for incredible weather, Germany is the largest producer of solar energy in the world, despite the relatively few hours of sunlight the country receives.
- Da Vinci is credited as one of the first inventors to come up with a way of harnessing the sun's power. He created a way to boil water by reflecting sunlight off concave mirrors.
- If the entire Sahara desert was fitted with solar panels, enough energy would be created to power the entire world for more than three decades.
- Using a kilowatt of solar energy is equivalent to saving 300lbs of carbon, the element responsible for the greenhouse effect.
- Modern photovoltaic technology was first developed in the USA but at present America produces just 6% of the solar panels being sold around the world.
- Many experts have calculated that if everyone switched to solar, it would create enough energy to power the entire world 5000 times over.
- You can create the same of energy with 30 days of sunshine as the entire volume of fossil fuel used by humans over the last several thousand years.
- In the past, getting solar panels fitted could be expensive, but in the last few years prices have dropped significantly thanks to increased demand.
- In terms of energy yield, solar power is far more effective than either fossil or nuclear fuel.
- It's estimated that in order to supply ample energy throughout the globe, only 4% of the world's desserts would need to be used.
- In many countries across Europe, people who install solar panels in their homes can sell their excess energy back to the grid, which means they not only get free energy, but can also make a profit from any energy they don't use.
- There are many online manuals that come complete with instructions and plans to build a residential solar power system right in your backyard. For more info, click here
In what is still considered an emerging industry, Sustainable Energy Engineering has been successfully installing solar panels in homes and businesses since 2006. During this time, Steve Fairless, the owner of this family business has expanded and they have become the principle supplier of solar PV and solar hot water systems in the North East of England, establishing themselves as tried and trusted renewable energy experts. Contact us on 0191 340 7001 or visit our website: http://www.susenergy.co.uk
Een reactie posten